Welcome to the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) Media Center. Here you will find an array of resources to assist you with reporting about NEJM content and obtaining access to restricted portions of the NEJM Media Center.
Renew Your Embargo Agreement
If your advance access NEJM Media Center account is expired, you will need to renew your embargo agreement. Your access will resume at the start of the next business day following renewal.
If you need immediate access to the NEJM Media Center, submit your agreement renewal via the button below AND email Media Relations with a request to expedite.
NEJM offers two levels of complimentary access to journalists. For advance access subscribers, the coming week's issue is posted to the NEJM Media Center every Friday at 10:00 a.m. ET along with contact data for article authors.
Advance (Embargoed) Access
To qualify for advance access to coming NEJM content plus full-text access to past issues (via NEJM.org), you MUST be a:
- Member of the media, producing content daily or weekly, OR a
- Press officer employed by an academic medical institution or university. (Note: NEJM does not provide advance access to representatives working for public relations firms.)
You must also agree in writing to the NEJM Embargo Policy.
Journalists who do not qualify for advance access may apply for complimentary full-text access to NEJM.org where new issues are posted weekly on Wednesdays at 5:00 p.m. ET.
To qualify for complimentary regular access, you MUST be a member of the media, producing content regularly for a bi-monthly, monthly, or quarterly publication.
Learn About NEJM
- NEJM Fact Sheet – an overview of NEJM readership, global reach, impact, and other statistics
- NEJM Publication Process – a review of the rigorous editorial, peer, and statistical review processes
- Integrity Safeguards – an overview of NEJM integrity safeguards
- Article Types – a complete listing of all NEJM article types
- NEJM Editor-in-Chief Biography – a summary of Eric J. Rubin's key career milestones and most recent distinctions
- NEJM Content and Image Reuse Permissions – guidelines for what permissions are needed to reuse NEJM content in media and the fastest means for obtaining those permissions
- Media Frequently Asked Questions – answers to questions the NEJM media team hears most often